Thursday, September 20, 2012

Some Pictures from the Back Country

This last weekend I went to Yellowstone NP with another class and we trekked into the back country to one of the most remote places in the continental United States. This presented some pretty cool opportunities for taking pictures. I did not get around to editing them in a timely manner which is why I am waiting till this Thursday to share them.


These were actually game wardens that go out into the back country on 10 day excursions to check on people and make sure everyone in abiding by the park rules. They decided to cross the river just to check that we had our back country permits and to see if our teacher was a guide. They were on their way to the edge of the park to get ready for the elk season and to make sure that hunters didn't cross the boundary or decide to start the season early.


This was just a really cool rock with interesting colored lichen growing on it. I thought that it was cool how the lichen was in gradients of green and white.


This meadow was cool because it had a nice little stream running through it. These shots would have been much easier to take if I had had a graduated neutral density filter, but since I didn't have one I used Lightroom to try and put more blue into the sky. It worked well until I turned it into a JPEG to upload it onto this site; the sky became way too blue.


This one had the same problem as the last one. I will have to figure out a better way to do that so that the picture transfers better. I liked this scene because of the downed logs in the foreground and the one live tree. It seamed like an interesting spot for a lone survivor, but it has plenty of water next to it in that small pond. In the midground is the same field as the last one that I liked so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment